INSTRUCTOR: Patti McCormick, R.N., Ph.D.
CONTACT INFO: Phone: (937) 475-5040 (text also available) Email – email@example.com
REQUIRED TEXT: Clinical Aromatherapy 101 Workbook – Given first meeting of the class
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Aromatherapy 101 will provide learners with a foundation for the safe use of essential oils. Discussion of quantifiers for defining pure essential oils; Safety Precautions; Indications and Contraindications for a specific list of essential oils. The knowledgebase will be presented to allow participants to develop a strong foundation for working with aromatherapy safely and accurately.
- Explain the history of Aromatherapy
- Define Aromatherapy
- Identify essential oil purity standards
- List indications and contraindications of specific carrier oils
- List indications and contraindication of specific essential oils
- Perform blending techniques
ATTENDANCE: Must attend 75% of total clock hours – the course is twelve (12) clock hours – there may be 3 hours of absence. The First 3-hour course period and last 3 hour course period must be attended. The learner is responsible for obtaining missed class information from another learner in class. As stated above, there are specific times of class when absence cannot be permitted – evaluation practicum, learning practicums, etc. Class meets from 9a.m. to 4:00p.m.
OUTSIDE ASSIGNMENTS/HOMEWORK: There is no written homework assigned in Clinical Aromatherapy 101.
EARN: At least 80% on the final written exam – 10 Essay Questions – Given the last meeting of the course
CLASS PRACTICUMS: Participation in class practicums is required to indicate learner can demonstrate the required skills and has met learning outcomes.
ASSESSMENT METHOD: Observation in class / Successful completion of Learning Outcomes / Exam – 80% or higher
SCORING SCALE: Exams – Learner must earn an 80% or above to successfully pass the class exam
History of aromatherapy; Definition of aromatherapy; Definition of essential oils; Definition of carrier oils; Indications and Contraindications of specific carrier oils; Distillation methods; Allergies and Sensitivity tests. Methods of the utilization of essential oils; Evaluation of essential oils.
Classifications of essential oils; Indications and contraindications of specific essential oils / Exam
HOURS: 12 hours or 1.2 CEUs are awarded for successful completion of this class
Any concerns/questions are to be discussed with the instructor. If you do not feel your concern has been resolved, you may contact Chris Ellis, CEO at 937-475-5040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Institute of Holistic Leadership (IHL) is committed to providing a learning environment that is free from illegal discrimination based upon an individual’s race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. Illegal discrimination in any form will not be tolerated at the Institute.
- Instructors / Presenters are the Institute of Holistic Leadership (IHL) are not permitted to promote or sell products, services, or materials that they have a proprietary interest in from the podium or educational stage.